Working with Central Coast Business Brokers greatly enhances the probability of a successful business purchase. The closer you examine the process of buying a business, the more apparent it becomes that Central Coast Business Brokers should be your first and only choice. Central Coast Business Brokers is committed to work diligently with every client, as an advocate providing a comprehensive consultative approach to each and every business transaction.
To get started click on the link at the bottom of the page ("Non-Disclosure Statement") to fill out a confidentiality agreement. This will give you a user name and password so you can log-on and view our business listings.
- Disclosure- You sign an agreement promising to maintain confidentiality for all the information provided to you on the businesses we discuss. (See bottom of page)
- Background Information- You provide us with the information about yourself, such as a resume and financial statement. The more we know about you, the more likely we can find a business you will like, the more information we provide the seller, the better the terms they will consider.
- Review- Together we discuss and review various types of businesses and select some that appeal to you.
- Introduction- We introduce you to the businesses you are interested in, and discuss the important factors of each.
- Meeting- A meeting between you, the seller, and us may take place. This gives you the chance to ask questions you may have about how the business operates and to describe your qualifications to the seller.
- Offer to Purchase- You write, with our assistance, and offer or letter of intent for the business you like.
- Earnest money may be required to demonstrate the seriousness to the seller.
- Most offers are contingent upon your inspection of the books and records of the business. The offer is not binding until you remove all contingencies.
- Present Offer- We present your offer to the seller.
- Acceptance- The seller accepts the offer to purchase as presented or counter offers.
- Mutual Acceptance- When buyer and seller agree to all terms and conditions of the sale, the offer becomes a Purchase and Sale Agreement.
- Due Diligence- You meet with the seller to examine the financial records. Any questions you have are resolved at this time. Other contingencies to consider are landlord/lease assignment, financing, and verification of furniture, fixtures, and equipment,
- Open Escrow- We provide all documents to the transferring escrow agent so they can prepare the closing documents. They make arrangements to assign any notes of equipment leases.
- Inventory- Arrangements are made for you and the seller to count and price the inventory (if required).
- Transfer of Ownership- All parties meet to sign documents.